Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Waiting

Why is it so hard to do? Waiting to see someone, waiting to go somewhere, waiting to hear back about something, waiting to see if she checked yes/no/maybe...we are all waiting for something today. In waiting, we find out how patient or impatient we can be. Now, if you are like me, some days display better patience than others. What drives us to want RIGHT THIS MINUTE? Why do we get like this? Maybe there is an iPhone application that can help me with this or do this waiting for me? I doubt it. And I'm glad. For it is in waiting that we can choose the broad way or the narrow way. It is in waiting that we can discover. We can discover God's timing. We can can discover endurance and faith in a new way. We can discover growth in our trust of God. We can discover more of God. And it is in this discovery that we can be content and not only discover God but His love. For if God is love and love is patient, God is patient. And it is in this patience that we must trust. It is in this patience that we must be faithful waiting.

For what we are waiting for is "Not mine but thy will be done."

It is this waiting that will give us "new bodies, a new heaven and new earth, rest and rewards, our eternal family and home, the absence of sin and suffering, and being face to face with Jesus! Rather than acting like impatient children as we wait for God's will to unfold, we need to have confidence in God's perfect timing and wisdom."

So I wait. I wait for a job to be offered to me so I can help provide for my wife. I wait for one of my many applications to fall into the right hand, at the right place/company, at the right time. I wait for Him to open up the door He has for me in the here and now, so the talents He has blessed me with can be used more abundantly. But for now, that's all I can do is wait. But waiting does not mean to idle. In this waiting, I trust Him. And in this trust, I go do the part-time job that I do have. And I lift each day up to Him and hope that I am hidden and He is seen. I wait, yet I continue to grow. I am able to grow because I trust. I trust because I know what He promises. And it is in all of this, that I can wait and work on my patience.

May we continue to seek Christ in prayer and in His Word daily. Trust and obey for there's no other way.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Luke. I really enjoy reading your blog and I am sure that your dad is very proud that his son is a man of God. I have been a christian for about 2 yrs. now. The lord has change me in so many ways. I honestly believe that he has pointed me in his direction now instead of my own. It is so awesome that you put yourself aside and just give Jesus the wheel. He truly guides your life. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete